The Pacific Northwest Conference
Churches making an impact through the transforming love of Christ!
Antoine de Saint Exupery
- If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea
Why a conference with a vision statement?
- To unite us in a common cause!
- To enable us to ask the hard questions!
- To give each church a sense of purpose!
In response to the Great Commission, Covenant Churches of the Pacific Northwest Conference work to make an impact in people’s lives, their communities, and the world through the transforming love of Christ!
As Biblical Communities of Worship & Proclamation, we are:
- Passionate about knowing, loving, & serving the Lord
- Connected in community through the Holy Spirit
- Intentional about reaching people for Christ
- Committed to prayer in all things
North Pacific Conference priorities:
- Planting new churches because it is the most effective way to reach people for Christ
- Strengthening established churches because church should be exciting
- Providing resources for significant ministries because we can accomplish more together
Planting New Churches:
- Recruitment & training of church planters
- Coaching and support
- Identify potential locations
- Explore creative alternatives
Strengthening Established Churches: Enhance your vision – Embrace the Future
- Right vision
- Right leadership
- Resources in the hands of the right people
- Resolve to go forward together
Providing Resources for Significant Ministries
- Christian education
- Leadership training
- Cascades Camp & Conference Center
- Connecting to the broader Covenant
- Linking with the Covenant Department of Mercy, Compassion, & Justice
How does this aid the PNWC Executive Board? A vision statement offers a framework for:
- Setting budget parameters
- Staff considerations
- Time allocation
What is our desire?
- That churches would embrace this vision and find significant ways to impact their communities
- That the world would be transformed one life at a time
- That we would commit ourselves to planting churches & ministries